2.26.2005

"Out of Resistance.....

.....and into acceptance."

This is just one of the stated goals that one of my best friends, Ty Tribble, has embraced for the future of MLM. Without a doubt, this is an enormous and ambitious undertaking but one that I share as well. Network Marketing has earned for itself a bad rep with the average person. On more than one occasion, the industry has shot itself in the foot through deceptive, unscrupulous business practices in it's fifty-year history. The exploitation that seems to exist in this business is numbing through proprietary training and education systems that are actually additional income streams for some of the biggest names in the business.

I think Ty would agree when I say that the task before us is daunting. But I have no doubt that it is possible to make a meaningful (and overdue) change in the common perceptions and practices in this industry. I believe the tide has already started to turn and will begin to pick up speed in the near future. People like Bo Short and a growing number of others have begun a process toward change that offer may a beacon of hope to those who wish to build a business without sacrificing their integrity and personal values.

Anyone that has read my blog in the past knows that I have been openly critical of a few different companies. I assure you my feelings have not changed but the way in which I can express them will necessarily have to change. I have worked in this industry for many years. I have seen many inequities foisted upon people that were only seeking a way to make ends meet, looking for the means to spend more time with their families, or make a career change. I have been on the receiving end of what I consider inappropriate and manipulative business practices. Of course, my participation was "voluntary" but this was based on a belief that I had no other choice.

Well, guess what? YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE.

So, we are facing an uphill battle. Sure. These grandfathered programs are firmly entrenched and it is unlikely that there will be an abandonment. I have always been a bit of a rebel and I, for one, believe it is possible, and at times, necessary to fight city hall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home