8.25.2004

Comment About Comments

A couple of days ago, I sent emails to the authors of two different blogs. I asked the same question of each of the authors.

My question:

Why have you chosen to have comments disabled on your blog?

So far, I have received a reply from only one of the authors. Here is the response I received,

"Dave,

"Thank you for your email. I will be happy to address this issue.

"Yes, I have been asked by other bloggers about this feature. Additionally, I do understand why levelheaded, well-intentioned people would inquire. These people, whether they agree or disagree with my point of view, only want to discuss the issues. I believe their intentions are sincere, regardless of their point of view.

"Unfortunately, in my case, I attained a small level of prominence in the A/Q business. When I resigned, for the reasons I resigned, and then proceeded to go public about the information I was privy to, I attracted a flurry of people that did not want to discuss the facts but only wanted to impugn my character. This reaction was expected.

"There are a small number of about 20 tenured-pins (kingpins) in the A/Q business that own and/or run the BSM business. They exert a tremendous amount of influence and control over a trusting army of distributors, many of which follow them blindly. These kingpins have spent decades disseminating half-truths as well as complete falsehoods about their critics. Many exude a great deal of hate toward people that are critical of them. In fact, some are well trained at inciting vitriolic reactions from their army as they hide behind the "illusion of goodness" they have created. In my opinion, these are not good people. To my great sadness the corporation seems to stand with them out of their own fears.

"My disclosures are not necessarily new. My meetings with corporate officials are though. There have been a number of web sites dedicated to sharing the truth about what is actually happening behind the scenes. I found these sites following my resignation. An overwhelming amount of their information is true. These people have always been marginalized because the rationale has been, “They never mad any money in the business. They are just whiners.” I have learned they are not. For the most part, they are good people willing to tell the truth. My situation only bolsters their argument as I attained the level of diamond and spoke around the world in that business. I sat in private meetings with the company as they revealed what they’ve known and how long they’ve known it. My role on Dateline NBC did not help their situation either.

"I launched my former diamond sites to share my opinions and experiences based on my previous decade-long involvement in A/Q. Due to the nature of the attacks on me, as fueled by the diamonds and kingpins themselves, my opening the comment section only serves to detract from the information I am attempting to share.

"Additionally, I have not used these sites for any other reason than to discuss my opinions and experiences in A/Q. I would be uncomfortable if anyone attempted to use the comment section to discuss any other company I may be involved in. Out of respect to the audience, I do not want to use this forum to promote or discuss any other business. That would be contrary to my intentions for launching the former diamond site in the first place.

"Quite frankly, if I thought that I could discuss these issues on my own site, in an adult fashion with levelheaded people, whether they agree or disagree with me, I would. Unfortunately I do not believe that is the case.
It is easier for some to hide behind ficticious names and spew hate than it is to discuss the facts.

"That is the reason that I openly discuss these issues on other sites that are not dedicated to my opinions alone.
I may be wrong. I may be misjudging the situation. This is my perception however. I will continue to think about this and appreciate any feedback from you and your readers.
Thank you for asking.
Have a great day.

Sincerely,
Bo"

Thank you Bo for your response and offering your explanation.

As I wrote at the beginning, I sent emails to TWO blog authors. Bo Short, of Former Diamond, replied and was forthright.

Oh, the other blog?

He's nothing really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home