8.11.2004

Quixtar Takes The Fifth

I remember the day I told my upline that I was leaving the squatter business. In a calm, clear voice they said, "Well, you know that Passport business hasn't been around very long. Are you sure that it is a stable business? After all, look at Quixtar; they're an established business with a proven track record." Hmmm.

As I have written in another post, I am part of a current lead list that has been sold, sold again, resold, and sold yet again. When I have informed the caller that I was actively building my business, they would make a similar statement when they heard the name Passport. "Passport, hmm, are they a new company? Well, you know that most MLMs fold within the first 5-7 years and our company has been around for X years." Hmmm.

Quixtar's 2-5 Year Plan?
Here's a couple of questions to set the stage:

1. Is Quixtar Amway?
2. How old is Quixtar?

I started in Amway in 1998 and went through the Quixtar launch in September 1999. Let's see, that's almost 5 years ago. (I'll come back to that later.)

When Quixtar launched, my upline group hammered home the following: Quixtar is NOT Amway. Quixtar is a totally different company. Do not mention Amway is any presentations. If your prospects ask, "Is it Amway?" you say NO, it's Quixtar. Amway is a sister company.
This made me very happy because I felt that I could now stop deceiving my contacts since, after all, Quixtar was OBVIOUSLY not Amway. But.....

I noticed that the name had changed but all the products I was buying still had the anyway labels on them. I noticed that all the tapes I was buying from my upline still taught the same business plan, were all the same speakers, and some still said the word Amway in the presentation. This did not offer much reassurance that Quixtar was really anything different other than the letterhead and website. And there was another odd thing that hasn't changed to this day. At the open meetings, after the would "spin the circles" (another carryover) they described the company and would brag about having 40 years experience in this industry.

So.......

1. If Quixtar is NOT Amyway
2. Amway is a sister company
3. Quixtar website launched on 9199

How old is Quixtar?
FIVE YEARS OLD.
How then does a five year old company claim to have over 40 years experience?

Here's another one.
All active IBOs, at the time of launch of Quixtar, were given the option to pick their primary business affiliation. This later evaporated and all active IBOs that did not convert to Quixtar, were moved there by Alticor ceasing a North American presence for the Amway business. This was done to provide a safety net for the established business groups in case the website experiment failed. (The jury is still out on that one.) My point is that all active IBOs were "grandfathered into the Quixtar comp plan at their current RECOGNIZED pin level. If you were a RECOGNIZED Diamond in Amway, with active status, you were suddenly a RECOGNIZED Diamond in the Quixtar business. Nothing better for tired legs than a name change.

This brought me to another question, which I realize probably cannot be answer by anyone that doesn't have access to the Quixtar IBO database, but here goes.

How many people that signed up in Quixtar, that is, since it became a company, in Sept 1999 have gone Diamond? They could not have been any part of the Amway business prior to 9/1/99.
Since this is Quixtar's Fifth Anniversary, I would assume, according to the fabled 2-5 year plan, there should be pantloads of Diamonds busting out.

How many of the "grandfathered Diamonds or Emeralds" have qualified during the existence of Quixtar? I have heard rumors that the Diamond in my former group hasn't qualified in years. A side note: I heard this attributed to my former Emerald AFTER they changed their affiliation to a larger upline EDC. I do not know to this to be true as I was told by my former upline. (There's an irony there.)

I dare say that Quixtar has not actually produced even ONE NEW Diamond that started after September 1, 1999 that did not have some previous involvement in Amway immediately prior. (Note: I will post an addendum on this point if anyone knows of any Diamonds that dispute this.)

Obviously, this is pure speculation on my part as I do not have access to the IBO database. Perhaps, this may be the year that all changes, since after all, they are NOW five years old. Happy Birthday Quixtar.
I bet I know what you'll be wishing for on your birthday.

Oh. .....almost forgot. Quixtar is five; Passport nearly three. Hardly a tenured advantage. Quixtar is also still in that 5-7 year bracket for business failure. I'll give them their due if they get there. Otherwise, I suggest that, based on the actual ages of both companies, Passport and Quixtar are running neck and neck.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home