3.01.2007

Extreme Makeover

Hello everyone. I feel I have been away long enough to warrant a re-introduction....

I have recently returned home from an extended stay in the hospital. It began with discomfort in the right arm and upper chest area. A quick visit to the nearby emergency room. Transfer to the Heart Hospital of Indiana. Culminating with an eight-way heart bypass operation and a value repair.

I returned home on Monday this week. My office is upstairs so it has taken a little recoup time before I could drag myself up here to hop online.

Along with my new "neck-tie" I have also been diagnosed as being diabetic requiring routine insulin injections. Believe me, that was a major hurdle to cross. The idea of giving oneself a shot seemed so unnatural but I have prevailed over my fears.

So now I am back and should be in rehab for the next 30-60 days.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Cook said...

Wow Dave, glad to hear you're all right after all that.

Not an easy thing to suddenly have to venture into...a heart bypass. Yikes.

And good luck with your shots. I guess sometimes it does pay to be a druggy. Insluin shots would be second nature. :P Of course then one might be tempeted to add something extra to the insulin as well, and that couldn't be a good thing.

Yeah, so it's good that you're not a druggy. I just hope you're feeling better and enjoy getting back into the swing of things. Just take your time with it.

Shine on,
Aaron

March 03, 2007  
Blogger Andrew said...

Dave,
I wish you well and have a speedy recovery. We miss your posts.

Cheers,

Andrew

March 07, 2007  
Blogger DifferenceMakers said...

My thoughts an prayers are with you. I too had a bypass (only six way, however) in January, 2004. Stay focused on getting well! Above all, listen to the health care professionals, even though they are only "practicing" medicine. Your recuperation will be far more rapid by doing what they say!

Thanks for continuing to make a difference by sharing your current struggles. It allows your friends to help bear the burden.

Appreciate you!

March 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home