2.02.2005

I Swear By My Life ....

From the novel Atlas Shrugged:
"If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater the effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders--what would you tell him to do?"

"I . . . don't know. What . . . could he do? What would you tell him?"

"To shrug."

From Cox & Forkum:
"February 2, 2005, marks the 100th anniversary of the birth of novelist and philosopher Ayn Rand. John and I created the graphic above to commemorate the occasion. If you haven't already, you owe it to yourself to read some of Ayn Rand's writing, both fiction and non-fiction. Her ideas are needed now more than ever.

Today it's often taken for granted that "freedom" is an obvious good. But not everyone longs for and values freedom. Some consider it a moral duty to subjugate others for the sake of some "higher" good, whether for the sake of Allah in the Middle East or for the sake of the "common good" in the West. Freedom cannot be spread abroad nor protected here at home without a moral defense of individualism and capitalism. Ayn Rand provided that defense and many other ideas in her philosophy of Objectivism.

In this post you'll find links with information about Ayn Rand and what she called "a philosophy for living on earth." I for one will be forever grateful for her achievements."

I cannot begin to describe the impact this author has had on my life. For me, reading Atlas Shrugged forever changed the way I thought about life and the direction my life had taken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home