7.30.2009

Where I've Been

I'm not exactly certain where to start with this post.

For the past several months, I have been wrestling with a couple health issues. As I have written in previous posts, I had major heart surgery about 2 1/2 years ago. Around that time it was determined that I had developed Type 1 diabetes.

During my recovery from the surgery and the ongoing drive to get my diabetes under control, there were many changes with my business interests and personal relationships.
Post-op depression and a generally diminished physical capacity brought about a long period of introspection. (Eight way heart bypass will do that for you.)

During this period, I decided to focus on my family and my recovery and I let the business take a back seat.

I experienced another set back earlier this year and the heart docs convinced me to have a defibrillator implanted. The physical recovery for this procedure is mostly complete and I am learning my new physical limitations.

Flash forward to now -

My immediate goal is to reconnect with the business and find a new company with a program I can build. I also plan to post more regularly here and on some of my other sites.

I look forward to re-establishing regular posts and reaching out to those that stop by to check things out.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Bob Firestone said...

You know what they say "when it rains it pours" it is good to read that you have found some sunshine.
It is fantastic that you are feeling better!

I don't even remember how long ago I added you to my RSS feed reader.

As far as new companies go I have been working with a new company out of Carlsbad Ca. USAloe. The company is only 4 months old and is the best prepared and funded startup I think I have ever seen. I would love for you to take a look and tell me what you think.

Bob Firestone
http://nhba.usaloe.com (feel free to delete this link when you are done using it)

July 31, 2009  
Blogger David Stone said...

Thanks for stopping by Bob. I'll check out your site. Thanks for the heads up.

July 31, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you the best with whatever you decided to do Dave.
Have you seen EIROblog.com ?

August 14, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear what you've been going through, Dave.

Wanted to let you know that I'm still with SFI. A lot of changes have taken place in just the last year, and you have nothing to lose as far as giving the company a look.

You can sign up for free:

http://www.moreinfo247.com/9232474/FREE

Better yet, check out the TripleClicks store first before doing anything else.

http://www.TripleClicks.com/9232474

Hope to hear from you sometime soon.

Sean

August 18, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

that's not good to hear... but glad you're back in business !!

August 21, 2009  
Blogger BlogVantage said...

Hi Dave!

We lost contact several years ago. I'm sorry to hear about your health issues and pray that you're hanging in there.

Barry Johnson
former blogger of The Royal Flush in Rochester MI.

December 09, 2009  
Anonymous Chris Owen said...

Hey Dave, whatever you decide to do with business I wish you all the best and hope that your health continues to improve from here. I hope to see new posts coming up from you soon.

Chris

January 09, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home