11.29.2004

Shut Up

Before leaving for our family trip over the holiday, I picked up a copy of the book I mentioned in an earlier post.
"Shut Up, Stop Whining & Get A Life" by Larry Winget. So far, I have read the first three chapters and wanted to share a little. First, I find the book very entertaining and humorous. It is very direct and at times borders on bit insulting. The authors style is different for most books in this genre as it pulls no punches, no soft sell here, as seems common in personal development training.

Here's some of what stands out in what I have read so far;

"Your life is the way it is because you have not been willing to do what it takes to make a difference. Period. Case closed.
And sadly, it is not that you have not wanted it to be better. Want has little to do with it. You can desperately want success and never achieve it. You can want to be rich and never make any money, You can want to lose weight and only get fatter. Want only matters if you want enough to be willing to do whatever it takes to achieve the desired result."

"Three More Reasons People Are Not Successful:
They are stupid.
They are lazy.
They don't give a damn."

Larry Winget
Shut Up, Stop Whining & Get A Life pg 20 & 21.

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I need a kick in the ass. This book may be just what the doctor ordered. No pollyanna, no sugar-coated, no political correctness. I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home