7.13.2004

The Bo Short Rule Strikes Again

Well, I guess it was to be expected after the NBC Dateline expose on Quixtar in May. Bo Short, along with a few other former IBOs, was interviewed to discuss their experiences while building their Quixtar business. If you would like to view the video of this story, click here.

Thanks to formerdiamond.com

I received word over the weekend that another Passport associate has received a rules violation from Quixtar. In a series of earlier posts on this blog, I outlined the essence of recent rules changes and shared the story of an associate that had been contacted by Quixtar over similar rule violation. See my posts entitled "Paranoia Meets Restraint Of Trade" for explanation of these rules addendum.

It is now becoming fairly obvious, in my opinion, that Quixtar is mounting a focused effort to harass Passport associates. I suspect the, to borrow a phrase, Quixtapo are using keyword advertisers to identify these transgressors. I suppose they probably follow the ad link to a website and obtain a contact phone number. They might then input that phone number into the HAL2000 computer database at HQ to locate "active IBOs" from the files. They would get a match and then blast off a form letter to the "guilty" parties. If I were in the business of intimidation, that's how I would locate those individuals that have chosen to exercise their right to choose a better opportunity. But of course, I am no longer in that business and, it should go without saying, this is MY opinion.

I have heard these rules changes referred to as 'The Bo Short Rules' or 'The Passport Rules' recently. I can only wonder when the notification letters are going to be sent to the numerous higher pins that have diversified their business interests to include travel agencies, new and used car sales, service stations, pool cleaning, tool & die shops, RV rentals, stand-up comedy, CPA services, and so on. We'll never know. Unless, of course, they too decide to join Passport.

CORRECTION: After making this post, I realized I may not have been fair about a couple of things. Pool cleaning, Tool & Die, and Stand-up comedy would probably be allowed by Quixtar and the IBOA Board.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home