9.28.2004

What's Next? Karaoke?

I remember seeing Diamond Jeff Applebaum at a regional BBS while he was on the new Diamond speaking circuit. I have been looking for my ticket stub, which I kept for supposed tax advantages, but have not been able to locate it. I believe it was late 2002 or early 2003 when he spoke for our group.

I always liked listening to Jeff. He was one of my favorite speakers in all honesty. This was probably due to the fact that he was not the "typical" Diamond one would usually hear. He was blunt, somewhat crude, and injected a lot of humor into his speeches. He was very dynamic and spoke with conviction. He seemed to be a wise guy from New York and since I am a smart alec from Detroit, I felt a certain kinship.

He told the story that he worked in the computer technology field but would have rather been a rapper and a comedian. Well, it seems he fulfilled his aspirations of the latter.

Jeff Applebaum's Comedy Performance Schedule

For those in the San Francisco area, seems he will be making an appearance tomorrow night.

I am not sure whether he is still "active" in the business, but he sure has a lot of bookings for the stand-up routine. Doing a stand-up routine in a living room cannot be nearly as exciting as open mic night at the Improv.

Does this violate the non-compete rules? Probably not. Jeff sells tickets to people who INTEND to laugh at what he says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home